Jim Beam pucks and Muslim friends....

Started by Smokeville, September 13, 2015, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

I just read the threat on allergies for pecan, and it reminded me....

If you have Muslim friends, don't use Jim Beam or the old Crown Royal pucks. Found this out when we used to sell "salmon bacon" at Farmers' markets smoked with JB pucks.... alcohol is forbidden, and although it is a gray area all things considered, it is best to err on the side of caution....

Rich

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the tip, I'm always hosting or smoking something for others. What may be a gray area for us, could be a matter of black & white to others, so erring on the side of caution is best. This tip is also useful for other religious groups that forbid alcohol.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Robert Rose

Another example of the majority just bending over to the minorities. The Jim Bean pucks don't actually have any alcohol in them and what might be there is evaporated out by heat. When are we going to stop trying to make everybody happy by not being our own selves. Live your life and stop bending to other peoples whims. Our country is becoming so Politically Correct that our own history is being forgotten. I'm sorry if this sounds callous but we need to start standing up for what we truly believe.
Robert Rose
Director Region 3
Texas Association of Bass Clubs
CoCoRaHS Volunteer TX-ER-4

Grouperman941

Quote from: Robert Rose on September 14, 2015, 09:00:46 PM
Another example of the majority just bending over to the minorities. The Jim Bean pucks don't actually have any alcohol in them and what might be there is evaporated out by heat. When are we going to stop trying to make everybody happy by not being our own selves. Live your life and stop bending to other peoples whims. Our country is becoming so Politically Correct that our own history is being forgotten. I'm sorry if this sounds callous but we need to start standing up for what we truly believe.

If you are having someone over for a meal, can't you assume they are your friend? Why would you want to be inconsiderate to your friend?

This is not the same thing as demanding a cafeteria cater to every single ethnic group, which sometimes might be OK and other times not.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Habanero Smoker

I truly believe in what Rich says, and what Grouperman941 has pointed out. When I invite someone to my house, I want to be considerate to my friends, family members, and/or guest.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

if alcohol if forbidden, does that not mean the  consumption of alcohol?  My  point is this, a  saw dust  puck is  just  that saw  dust,,,,  wood by product and not  alcohol... grant you that the  jim beam pucks are  made from the  barrels from the  storage   jim Beam ,, they  are not alcohol...

dont take me wrong,,, am  trying to   make a   point,,, much  like a recovering alcoholic not drinking alcoholic beverages   ie  sodas, water a or  other type of  drinks...

Salmonsmoker

I'm going with Robert Rose and beefmann on this. A little rational thought in this country would be a nice change.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Tiny Tim

Time to lock the thread.  It's the back and forth like this that makes people leave these forums, even when overall the forum is very informational.