Help smoking 4 racks of ribs tomorrow

Started by ghosttown, August 21, 2015, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghosttown

I made an enclosure box for my smoker and it turned out pretty nice will upload some photos later, what I didn't reliazed that when I turned it into cold smoke as I made a smaller box and installed the smoke generator to that, I didn't take into account the power cable from the smoke generator to the cabinet is now way to short. I'm starting cooking at 7 so I need a solution. Couldn't I simple just connect the cabinet to an extension bar and then the smoke generator to the extension bar also? I can just use a computer cable for the Bradley I believe it's the same end.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

GusRobin

If you have the OBS you can do that. Not familiar with the digital.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

Quote from: ghosttown on August 21, 2015, 07:46:33 PM
I made an enclosure box for my smoker and it turned out pretty nice will upload some photos later, what I didn't reliazed that when I turned it into cold smoke as I made a smaller box and installed the smoke generator to that, I didn't take into account the power cable from the smoke generator to the cabinet is now way to short. I'm starting cooking at 7 so I need a solution. Couldn't I simple just connect the cabinet to an extension bar and then the smoke generator to the extension bar also? I can just use a computer cable for the Bradley I believe it's the same end.

you  can, the big issue with that is yo  have NO Temperature Control at all as the  heater will be going  full blast all the  time rather  them the  digital  controller taking  care of  maintaining  the  set  temps.

what you  may  be able to  do  is go to your   local electronics or computer  store with the  short  jumper cable and see if the have one that is  longer ,... or  see if they  can provide a  pair  of cables that  may  work..

ghosttown

I did find a longer cable at home, but because I have the OBS I thought the temp control is on the unit itself and not on the smoke generator