New Member but with a problem

Started by dan.lapointe, August 24, 2015, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.lapointe

I just got a new Bradley smoker but it will not get up to temp. It has been at 100 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 hours and will not get any higher. mi have the temp knob maxed out. Any suggestions?

GusRobin

Where are you taking the temp? Sometimes the Bradley thermometer is blocked by the meat and you get a false low.
Is your element heating up and getting red hot?
unplug and replug the plugs, even if they appear that they are plugged in, make sure they are seated well.
What are you cooking? How many pounds?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Dan;

Welcome to the forum.

The below link will take you to a site that has a lot of tips, and troubleshooting ideas? Even though there is no section on the BS611; most of the information is relevant.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RAF128

I had the same problem when I got my 6 rack years ago.   On the advice of members here I opened up the bottom of the smoke generator and sure enough the was a wire that wasn't plug in.   Give it a try

beefmann

also  check all of your  cable connections and be  sure that they are  properly   seated and all the  way  in

piratey

Is the puck burner plate hot?  Is the element in the back of the tower hot?  100 degrees sounds like maybe a puck burner working and the tower element not working.

TedEbear

You're not using an extension cord, are you?  That can cause low power and low temp output in the Bradley.

warbirdog

Do you have the electrical
cord from the smoke generator to the tower installed?