Help

Started by fyrmedic790, August 27, 2015, 09:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrmedic790

I am going to try my 4 rack digital  smoker for the first time by smoking some ribs.  Just not sure exactly how, the recipes I am using says to smoke for 2.5-3 hrs at certain temperature.  So do I turn on the smoke generator and oven to that temperature or just the smoke generator?

watchdog56

I turn the oven on to 225 and smoke for 3 hours using either hickory or apple. I also turn the smoke generator for 7 hours of time. Usually it takes about 6 hours for ribs but you will need to test either with a toothpick (which should go in and out very easy) or when the meat pulls back from the bone about 1/2 inch. You can smoke them for 3 hours then after the smoke you could take them out and put in a foil pan with some apple juice and cover with foil for a couple of hours the put them on racks again for about an hour. This is called the 3-2-1 method.

Good luck

piratey

Have you taken a look at the forum thread linked below?

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10182.0

fyrmedic790

thanks for the info and the link ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

beefmann

also  keep the  top  vent wide  open at all times.  also  preheat your  box  with the  main  element and  smoke generator  on to  225  F... smoke for no more then  3 hours . After the  smoke  place  ribs in a foil  tray for 2 to  3 hours  with  apple  juice and  cover,  then  remove and   check visually  that the  meat has  pulled back  approx  1/2  inch... if  not  cover again and  place  back  in  smoker for mote  time.... when  the   mead has  pulled back  1/2 inch remove place  in  smoker for  1/2 to  1  hour.. then  starts  glazing  with your  favorite  bbq sauce