forum stats

Started by cathouse willy, August 27, 2015, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathouse willy

Have a look at the link to the stats page,it's not pretty. This year the overall usage is dismally low lower than it's ever been. We're going to lose this forum if we don't start using it. Where the hell has everyone gone? Please don't say facebook as many here me as well don't do facebook.It's just not the same.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?action=stats

Grouperman941

I still pop in every day.

Sometimes, lately, there are no new posts at all. I am in the Facebook group, but it really is not the same.

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Shuswap

I view every day although I don't post much as I have little to offer being new to the game.  I joined the facebook group but get little out of it.  The resources on this forum are fantastic.  The stats would improve if they included susanminor.org

ragweed

Guilty as charged.  I do check nearly everyday but my excuses are a lab puppy and a new pontoon boat for not posting some of my smokes.  I know, pretty lame.  I'll try to take the necessary pics so I can post future projects.

Jim O

I check in every day,but don't post much. Also do the facebook thing,but prefer the forum.
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Shuswap

I'm not sure what "page views" is measuring but if you extend the 13+ million year-to-date by another 1.5 million for each of the next 4 months that will yield a record for the year.

beefmann

i  still  come on,... check things  out and leave  messages when  needed.. need to  start  posting what i hve been  smoking again... would hate to  loose this  forum its a wonderful  resource

NorthShoreMN

Quote from: Jim O on August 29, 2015, 05:11:19 AM
I check in every day,but don't post much. Also do the facebook thing,but prefer the forum.
Same here,   Some health issues have interrupted my normal
Smoking routine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

manfromplaid

work keeps me away but i check in when i can.

Grouperman941

I just hope this doesn't hurt the Christmas exchange. I already started shopping. :-)

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

pjplovedog

While I have never been a super heavy poster here, I used to check in a lot more.  Part of the reason I don't check in as much here is that there are soooo many messages regarding mods, technical issues, failures, fixes, etc. vs actual smoke-cooking.   Usually I end up doing a search on a topic that I need help or ideas with such as "how to smoke almonds" or something.
Since I am now using my Bradley less than my pellet smoker, I don't post as many food photos and recipes  like I used to, since they haven't been cooked on the Bradley, and  I am not sure how interested folks are in non-Bradley topics.   
That's my experience and observations. 
:)

tskeeter

All is not lost.  Being an accountant, I extrapolated the January 2015 - August 2015 stats to see what the numbers were likely to be by the end of the year.  While new topics, new posts, and new members look to be down compared to prior years, I think that page views is probably the most complete picture of how heavily the forum is being used by both new and experienced members.  My projection is that by the end of the year, nearly 19,900,000 page views will have occurred.  That's an all time record and nearly 12.5% growth compared to the next closest year.

We like to see new members, new topics, and new posts.  But, the growing number of page views in the face of declining new members and new posts tells me that experienced members continue to frequent the forums and share their knowledge and experience with new members.  And that experienced forum members continue to see value in these forums.  And the dearth of new posts and new topics may indicate that new forum members are finding the library of posts helpful in answering their questions and resolving any problems that they may encounter.

A couple of statistics that would be particularly informative for Bradley would be to compare the number of new forum members to unit sales.  That would indicate whether their customers are finding the information on these forums relevant or not.  And to compare buyer complaints about quality and performance to new forum memberships.  New memberships could result as buyers search for help with issues related to product quality or performance.  So an increase in new forum memberships could reflect an increase in product quality issues, while a decrease in new forum memberships could correlate with improvements in product quality and performance that better aligns with buyer expectations.     

Mr Walleye

Tskeeter you ol' actuary!  ;D

Good job on analyzing the stats!

All very plausible for sure.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

bundy

Better way to post pictures, like facebook, I think would help. That and myself do most in the winter time.

Wildcat

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 09, 2015, 05:00:36 PM
Tskeeter you ol' actuary!  ;D

Good job on analyzing the stats!

All very plausible for sure.  ;)

Mike

Ditto.
Rick
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/