forum stats

Started by cathouse willy, August 27, 2015, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

I have intentions of getting back on here, got out of the navy last year, lived in our camper for 5 months, finally bought a house in Oakdale, MN, just haven't gotten my smoking enthusiasm back yet. Plus the last smoke I did, the wind knocked my smoker over(after the smoke) and I haven't gotten around to making sure it's still working right. But hopefully soon I'll be back in full blast. Miss the people on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tskeeter

Quote from: Snoopy on September 10, 2015, 07:44:15 AM
I have intentions of getting back on here, got out of the navy last year, lived in our camper for 5 months, finally bought a house in Oakdale, MN, just haven't gotten my smoking enthusiasm back yet. Plus the last smoke I did, the wind knocked my smoker over(after the smoke) and I haven't gotten around to making sure it's still working right. But hopefully soon I'll be back in full blast. Miss the people on the forum.

So, Snoopy, I've got to ask.  What made you decide that retiring to Oakdale was a good idea?

(I grew up in Owatonna, Granite Falls, Cottonwood, Cosmos, Preston, Grand Forks, Grand Marais, St. Cloud, Long Lake, and Plymouth. (It obviously took quite a while for me to grow up.)  We talked about retiring back to MN , where our friends and family are.  Until we spent nearly 10 years in So. Cal.  Became a confirmed weather weenie, and decided that January was just too cold.)

Snoopy

Grew up all around the cities, have a huge family, grandmother had 10 kids. I've got 3 and wanted to be around family again. As for Oakdale, I got a deal I couldn't pass up, 6 bed 2 bath, 2 car garage corner lot 128k, needs some updating but was a steel.
I will say though after being back here for one winter now, I remember how much I hate winter and have already thought about going south, but it's home and that probably won't happen anytime soon.