Busy Labor Day Weekend

Started by GusRobin, September 06, 2015, 08:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Had 16 lbs of butt in the freezer so I thought I would make some pulled pork and sausage.

The package had a 9 lb and a 7 lb. So I was going to use the small one for pulled pork and the large one for sausage.
Ready to add rub and go in the Bradley. Used CYM, some Juicy pig rub (sorry only pic before the rub):

Here is the pork in the Bradley after cooking overnight.

Pid probe says it is 194 but when I probe it goes in like butter so I decided to pull it.

Removed and ready to FTC. No more pics but it made some very good sammies.

Today I went into sausage mode.  Sliced up the butt and put the slices in the freezer (almost frozen meat grinds better).

Last batch of sausage I made came out a little dry so this time I ground  a lb of the pork fat I had bought and had in the freezer.
Here is a ground up pound of fat (nothing special I just thought it looked neat. Maybe too many Coronas )

Then ground the meat and fat together.

Decided to make 3 kinds of sausage: Italian, Spicy Italian and Plain ole' Sausage.
Going clockwise from bottom right: Italian, Spicy Italian, Plain ole', some meatballs and "breakfast" sausage I made with the leftover meat in the stuffer.

That's it -going to rest the balance of the weekend.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Grouperman941

Looking good! I smoked 10 pounds of bacon last night and sliced and packed it today.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Saber 4

Nicely done, I'm in the midst of making ten pounds of jerky (raw weight) for Paducah trip.

beefmann

NorthShoreMN

Looks great. Made me hungry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi