PID with 900W Heating Element

Started by aussieBBQ, September 13, 2015, 10:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussieBBQ

Hi All,

Just wondering what everyone's PID values are for those running a 900W element?
More out of curiosity of seeing the differences between where everyone lives and their climates

beefmann

i really  cant say, have always  ran the  auto tune on the  PID  for the   set up and has never  had a  problem,,, this after the  box has been warmed up

ghosttown

I am also wondering, I am about done my 900 watt mod and getting ready to plug the Dual pid, do I need to do anything special to it? Here is a question can I not use the pid just to test out the mod to see if the element heats up?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

beefmann

go ahead and  use the pid,,, once the cabinet  comes up to  temp,,, do the  auto tune,,, then  you   should be  good to go

ghosttown

I get how to set up the  programs of I want to cook for amount of time or if the internal temperature of the meat reaches whatever, but how would you program it so after 3hrs the smoker generator turns off but the cabinet still has power? I didn't see a auto turn button.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

beefmann

cant say with  just a pid,,, i  use a  additional timer in my  control unit  that is set to turn off the smoke generator after 4 hr 40  minutes,,, 40 minutes =  my warm up..  4 hour  of  over all  smoke