cheese

Started by werwin, September 26, 2015, 07:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werwin

i am in the process of smoking my first cheeses since the weather broke and it is in the mid 50's low 60's when the sun sets  anyway hour in to it i went out it rotate it it has been staying at a steady 72 degs.
My question is  can it be to cold of a smoke? i read that no more then 90 degs and some i saw said it should be around 80 to take the smoke.
Any input on this? is 70-75 degs to cold?
Thanks
Tony

oldsmoker

Your all right. should turn out great. remember to let it rest four at least 30 days, 
OLDSMOKER

werwin

yes have some in the fridge setting up now to vac seal was trying  some different times had some in for 2 3 and 4 hours with oak  see how it goes. i was expecting it to brown up more  tried cooper and mozzarella

Habanero Smoker

The 70°F degrees area is what I prefer to cold smoke at. As long as the food you are smoking is not frozen; which is around 28°F, the item will absorb smoke and smoke will adhere to it; though at a lesser rate than if the item is warmer.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

werwin

thank you both  it did get the best of me and i hooked the heat up and let it get up to 80 -85 degs   patted it down vac seals dated  type of wood and put in fridge did leave a small bit out  yes it isn't the best but i love smoked cheese so i tuffed it out getting more cheese and trying some more with different woods to see what i like
i have several pictures but photobucket doesn't seem to want to work for me anymore
Thanks again
Tony