Troubles

Started by biggrizz, September 26, 2015, 08:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggrizz

Hello all,
My auto feed won't auto feed, everything is moving fine and it will feed pucks when the advance button is pressed(2 at a time) but will not feed automatically every 20 minutes as I understand it should. I've taken the case off and checked all the wires and all seems to be good, I noticed there is a red light on the control box blinking 4 times. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Habanero Smoker

Hi biggrizz;

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not that familiar with the New Original, so I can't tell you what the blinking red light means, but the mechanism that moves the bisquettes is the same for all generators.

When it doesn't automatically feed the bisquettes, do you here the motor in the generator attempting to load and push a bisquette through?

What you have described, it sounds like a problem with the micro switch, and/or the arm that moves the drive mechanism (shuttle). With it feeding two bisquettes when you manually feed the bisquettes, it sounds more like a malfunction of the micro switch.

First make sure that your feeder chute is properly aligned. Also check the alignment of the push plate rails (instructions also included in the below link)
Checking Feeder Tube

Next remove the side of the generator, while it is plugged in press the advance button, and observe if any wires and anything else is obstructioning the movement of the "arm" that rotates. If the answer to my above question is yes, observe what happens when the generator is suppose to automatically feed a bisquettes. So you don't waste time watching, push the advance button, then set a kitchen timer for about 18 minutes, then come back to observe. If the "arm" moves and only completes a half cycle, then reverses and returns to the same position, you have an obstruction somewhere, or the motor could have some stripped gears.

If there are no obvious obstructions, your micro switch is not functioning properly:
Micro Switch

For more tips click on the below link:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

sounds like either the micro switch or the motor,,, maybe a call to  bradleyy

biggrizz

I think I figured it out, the part of the mechanism that swings through the micro switch sensor wasn't centered in the sensor and the sensor wasn't detecting it, seems to be working now. Thanks

Habanero Smoker

Great!!

A little troubleshooting can often get you up and running, and save at least part of your weekend.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

werwin

i am having the same issue right now  if i push the advance button it pushes the next puck on but it wouldn't do it on it's own
biggrizz did you get your's fixed?
Thanks
Tony