Smoked steak question - storage after smoking?

Started by AkBillyBow, October 18, 2015, 11:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AkBillyBow

All, I finally got around to smoking some steaks tonight.  They turned out great, and I was sorry I waited so long to try this.  I smoked my steaks for 1 hour at 90 degrees (while I was smoking a batch of cheese!), them put them right on the grill to cook them.

My question is this:  Can you smoke steaks in this manner and them store them to cook at a later date?  Could you smoke them, the freeze them?  Could you smoke them then seal with the food savor...then use in a few days without freezing...jusrefrigeratingng?

Thanks in advance......AkBillyBow

Habanero Smoker

I have done all the methods you have described. As long as you keep the cabinet temperature as low as you did, and are careful on how you handle then meat prior to and after you have smoked the steaks, it is safe. When smoking steaks I move the steaks directly from the refrigerator to the smoker, and smoke about 1:20 - 1:40 hours. After smoking they either go straight to the grill, or back into the refrigerator. If I'm going to use them in a few days, I place them in a sealable plastic bags, expel most of the air and refrigerate. If I'm going to freeze them I let them cool in the refrigerator, then vacuum seal and freeze.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

AkBillyBow

Thanks for the reply Habanero....you always come through!!!  Those were just the answers i was hoping to receive!!

Thanks....smoke on !!!

AkBillyBow