Where do you get music?

Started by djshuffler, August 12, 2006, 11:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djshuffler

I use sites like 3hive.com to find new, obscure-esque music then proceed to buying.
iTunes is great, but MP3sale is kinda cool too (real cheap, there's no DRM,  not sure about the legality of it though).

nsxbill

I use iTunes.  The MP3sale looks nice, but sure reluctant to give them credit card information...Site is in Russia, and I supect as illegal as Hell.  Price sure right!  $0.10/track!  I suspect as you see illegal charges to credit card you give them, the price goes up exponentially/per track.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

I just posted over at the KoV site as several of them use a site in Russia. They have not had any problems, and if I remember correctly it seems to be legal for some reason.

Anyway I asked them for the sites addy and if it was in fact legal.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

OK this is what the KoV folks told me.
QuotePisnNapalm:
http://www.allofmp3.com <== I think it's the right site. I've never used it.

I'm guessing it's legal in Russia.
QuoteARTS IIIe:
That's it, it's in Russia like Pisn said, and yes, it's legal - per Russian laws.

Oh and it's cheap too. I've been using them for a few months now and have had no problems with them having my credit card information, Ping said the same.

So it is your call to use them or not. I do know that the KoV boys have been using them now for around one year.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Quotehttp://www.allofmp3.com/

I know quite a few people who are using this and are more than happy with it. I have yet to try it and as Olds says, it is down to the individual as to whether they take the chance! I gather this site is perfectly legal in Russia.
Manxman

Oldman

QuoteI gather this site is perfectly legal in Russia.
Correct!