The door fell off my OBS.

Started by GerryB, September 19, 2015, 11:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GerryB

Subject line says it all. Not sure how to post a photo here, but I put a couple on the Bradley Facebook page.

Habanero Smoker

Fortunately that has never happened to me. If you do a search that includes "broken door", you should be able to find several ways to fix it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GerryB

I searched and the only posts that came up was this one. I've emailed Bradley, a bungee cord suggestion will probably suffice in the short term.

Bear1968

I will never forget the day that my Bradley was delivered. I was so pumped I started putting it together on my front porch in anticipation of getting in ready for it's seasoning. My house faces South and there were high Spring winds. I went in the house for some reason or another and when I came back out the wind had ripped the door off of my smoker.  :o
I( was able to get the door back in place but it still shows the scars of that day. Since then, even if it is calm I always throw the same Harley Davidson tie down strap around it any time that I do not need the door open.  :)
UBC Local 268

Habanero Smoker

For better search results make sure you are on the Home page of the forum when you do your search. If you do your search in this sub forum, the search engine will only search threads in this sub forum. Also for your search use quotes around the word "Broken door".

You can also do a google search (which generally get you better results) by typing the command; broken door site:forum.bradleysmoker.com.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

GerryB

Thanks, HS. The Google searched gave me some ideas.

Habanero Smoker

Glad you were able to find some ideas.

I
         don't
                   inhale.