Auber Purchase in Canada

Started by Orion, November 26, 2015, 05:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Hello all,

I really need to take the plunge and buy an Auber PID. Absolutely everything else is in place to make sausage and snack sticks. I would like to put a few questions forward as I'm in Canada and money is tight right now. Hoping a few members who have purchased directly from Auber can answer a few questions;

I recall mention of Auber having a great customer service rep whom people frequently referred to as a particularly helpful and friendly lady...name?

Do I have any options for a similar and reliable controller right out of Canada?

If dealing with Auber, is it best to phone them or just order online?

Do you think they might offer a price discount if I told them I'm a pretty nice guy? Could I barter with them?

Their website describes the model WSD-1200GPH as the most current and improved one available with dual probe for Bradley control. Comments?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm hung up on the total cost including shipping. If I bought one and it failed it would cost me a fortune just to return it to them for repair or replacement.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

cathouse willy

Orion I had a auber single probe that expired out of warranty and you're right about the shipping costs. I was able to put together another with a salvaged box and some wiring and a Pid in parts from ebay for less than 50 bucks. so I've now got a newish working pid. If you're able it's a good way to go.Ebay has lots of pid components just search pid.There's a really good spot on the recipe web site here

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?315-PID-Controller

Orion

Thanks for the information and the link CW. That is a great DIY post and has me thinking. Still interested in peoples experience with purchases from Auber. Input anyone?
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

cathouse willy

When I bought my pid it was from auber in the usa. I looked hard but couldn't find anything in canada, that was 5 years ago,things change