Beef Drippings

Started by Bigun, December 06, 2015, 10:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigun

So last night we grilled 400#'s of Tri-Tip for my daughters school Harvest Dinner. As the roasts came off the grill they rotated through my ice chest to rest prior to slicing, leaving behind about 1.5 gallons of drippings. Any suggestions on uses, and storage? Seems a sin to throw it out. I guess I could just drink it..

Wildcat

I don't process enough meat to be concerned about drippings. If I were you I woul chill the juice, take off the grease on top after it forms, and save the rest as broth.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

After skimming off the fat, premeasure it in small amounts like 8 ounces or so, then freeze it in either containers or freezer sealable bags, or after freezing in containers transfer it to vaccum seal bag and vacuum seal it. Then you can thaw out the amount you need when you need it to make broth, gravies, au jus,  or other sauces etc.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bigun

Thanks guys for your quick responses. Sorry for my delayed thanks. I saw your responses that day and got it broke down and frozen. Have yet to use any but expect xmas dinner to need plenty of gravy, and maybe try some in a French onion soup. We'll see and will let you know.