4 rack DBS performance info

Started by projump, August 13, 2006, 12:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

projump

Wow, what an awesome smoker. Saturday evening I set the digital temp control to 210 and preheated for 1 hour.  While it was heating up, I rubbed down pork steaks with my homemade rub (15 years of tweaking on the rub recipe ) I then put the meat in, set the smoke control for 4 hours with hickory bisquettes and  never went back to check, open the door to look etc. After 4 hours I went and took all the meat out and ate 2 large pork steaks at 11:30 P.M. I was very pleased with the results. The meat was very tender and the flavor incredible. I am providing this info to others about the performance of the digital bradley, as they are recently new on the market. It is very user friendly. Like I said earlier, I never went back to it until 4 hours later and the meat was done. I would post some pics but my wife has the camera and she's out of town. The last batch I smoked was at 200 degrees. This time I smoked at 210 and it seems to be just right.   
                                                       Smoke on, projump       
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.

asa

Congratulations on the impressive smoke. Do you have any idea of what the final internal temp was in your steaks?
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

projump

Quote from: asa on August 13, 2006, 01:29:33 PM
Congratulations on the impressive smoke. Do you have any idea of what the final internal temp was in your steaks?

Hello asa,
    No, I'm not sure what the internal temp was. I do know they were good and done without being dry or over cooked. The steaks are pretty thin, only about a 1/4 " or so after smoking. Hopefully, I'll be able to do future batches comparable to this one. (consistant)
    I am going to cook a Boston butt in the near future (which is pork steak unsliced) and I will use my digital temp thermometer then.
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.