Puck burner not working

Started by SNIPERS215, December 11, 2015, 12:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNIPERS215

Making a second batch of blazing pistachios and the puck burner isn't getting hot. All lights are working, as are all timers and temps.
Any thoughts ? Sucks that I'm in the middle of cooking and it decides to take a crap !!
YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR

beefmann

1) bad or loose connection to  the puck burner
2) bad puck burner

SNIPERS215

Just used it 20 minutes ago and it was great. Checked all connections, everything seems good.

watchdog56

I think there is  a fuse in back. (Not 100% sure,am at work and can't look at mine. )Did you check that? Is there still power going to the outlet?

beefmann

Quote from: SNIPERS215 on December 11, 2015, 12:58:53 PM
Just used it 20 minutes ago and it was great. Checked all connections, everything seems good.

did you  check the  connections inside the smoke generator? not just the connections on the outside of the  smoke generator?

SNIPERS215

I didn't check inside the smoke generator. I guess I'll mess with it tomorrow. Though I don't really know what to check... 8)

beefmann

Quote from: SNIPERS215 on December 11, 2015, 04:16:23 PM
I didn't check inside the smoke generator. I guess I'll mess with it tomorrow. Though I don't really know what to check... 8)

check for any connections that may have came apart,,, I think the power to the puck burner is either loose or came apart... maybe no power to the burner,,, or a bad  burner,...This also assumes that all else is working ...and all  connections are good and  tight

SNIPERS215

It must be a loose connection. I took the 2 screws off the burner and then it felt warm. It look inside at the connections do you take out all the screws on the bottom ? I'm reluctant to do this cause I have the habit of snapping screws and such , then things don't get back together... Lol

TedEbear

Quote from: SNIPERS215 on December 12, 2015, 12:20:36 PM
It must be a loose connection. I took the 2 screws off the burner and then it felt warm. It look inside at the connections do you take out all the screws on the bottom ? I'm reluctant to do this cause I have the habit of snapping screws and such , then things don't get back together... Lol

The smoker opens up like a clamshell by removing the 8 screws around the perimeter.  The link below describes the procedure.

How do I clean my generator?

Habanero Smoker

The screws easily loosens, so you won't have to worry about snapping or stripping the heads. When you retighten them, just tighten until they are snug. If you overtighten, the threads in the thin metal generator will strip and the screws won't grip tightly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)