Smoker Won't Heat Up

Started by KINGFISHR, December 26, 2015, 05:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KINGFISHR

I tried to use my Bradley Smoker this week but it didn't heat up. I have power, the fuse looks good, and the briquette burner works. Just the heating element doesn't. Is it possible to replace this heating element? If so, where do I get one?

TedEbear

Wait, before you buy a new element make sure that the old one is actually bad.  Sometimes the power cord between the SG and the tower isn't seated all the way and other things.  Try unplugging the cords and reseating them firmly. 

If that doesn't fix it, try bypassing the SG by plugging the wall power cord directly into the tower and see if the element glows.  If it does, then there's a loose connection inside the SG.

Also, a good element will read around 27-32 ohms resistance through it if you want to check it with a multimeter.

If the above tests still point to the element being bad there are several places that sell replacements such as Home Depot, Yard & Pool and Amazon.  Amazon currently has them for sale for under $17 with free two-day shipping for Prime members.

Bradley Smokers Replacement Heat Bar

beefmann

ted has pointed you  in the right direction,,,

tskeeter

There is another possibility.  That the inline fuse has failed.  This fuse is part of the red wire that runs from the socket on the back on the back of the smoker to the stud on the end of the heating element.

If your heating element checks out, I'd replace the wire with the inline fuse.