gonna try a new smoke just curious what you think

Started by just a smokin, January 21, 2016, 09:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a smokin

Hey everyone , hope that everyone had a great xmas and good new years too . ;)So anyways here is what i am thinking about doing when i get back on days off here . Gonna use a beef roast ,say 4-6 pounds ,then first gonna go and inject apple juice into  a few different spots on the roast  ,then gonna take the outside and smear(rub) on this recipe i got.( this recipe will be smeared all over the outsides and as much as i can use too.)Then  with either Dion mustard or molasses(not sure which I'm gonna use yet) I'm gonna take and again smear all over the outside where this spice recipe is too. then place all in saran wrap and  tightly wrap up  and put in the fridge and left to sit over night .then next day do the same with spice and either Dion mustard or molasses then place on a already warmed up smoker and start to smoke (200-220) till i get an internal temp of 170 . i will use probably a fruit smoke with every third puck being a mesquite.

here is my spice recipe
•2 Tbsp. ground black pepper
•2 Tbsp. paprika
•2 tsp. of brown sugar
•2 tsp. chili powder
•1 tsp. celery salt
•1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
•1 tsp. of onion powder
•1 tsp. garlic powder
•1/2 tsp. mustard powder

Then when i am done with the smoker and meat is still hot place meat in a couple TBSPs of apple juice  and sit in tightly wrapped tin foil on the counter to cool off .

:D well i hope i hope i haven't confused everyone here of what im doing , just curious to see what everyone's else thoughts are on this way of doing it.

beefmann

that actually sounds good,,, though i would change one  step.... i would do the following

1) inject with apple juice... no more then 10 % of the weight of the meat,... after it has been trimmed
2) slather with dijon mustard ( my personal preference is gludens spicy brown mustard ... or dijon )
3) apply your rub
4) box temp at 220 F
5) smoke with apple if you  have it,, if not cherry or maple not more then 2 hours
6) my preference here for  sliced is 145 F... for  pulled meat is 195F - 205F or when it is ready to be  pulled... start  checking at 185 F internal

hope this helps and good luck

just a smokin

Hey great thanks a lot for the advice  :), when I get on days off now I'm gonna try this ,and I will take lots of pics too you can count on it then share them too.