Hi, from Southern Indiana

Started by harleyr warrior, January 23, 2016, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: harleyr warrior on January 24, 2016, 02:54:11 PM
When I installed  new element  I removed the back of the unit and saw some heat damage  to insulation........

Unfortunately that heat damage is normal wear.

This is the back of my smoker prior to installing the second element. I believe I had it five years at this point.

That area on the back of the cabinet does get hot, but not hot enough that I can't hold my hand on it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

harleyr warrior

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 25, 2016, 02:00:55 AM
Quote from: harleyr warrior on January 24, 2016, 02:54:11 PM
When I installed  new element  I removed the back of the unit and saw some heat damage  to insulation........

Unfortunately that heat damage is normal wear.

This is the back of my smoker prior to installing the second element. I believe I had it five years at this point.

That area on the back of the cabinet does get hot, but not hot enough that I can't hold my hand on it.
You absolutely  right . The back of my unit looked about the same. I just know there is heat loss there. I ordered a ceramic  fiber blanket that is 1 inch thick 24×36. I believe  it should work nicely. Thought about the Roxul mineral wool . But there is only 1 inch clearance in back and it was 2 inch. Didn't  think it would compress and if it did I didn't  think it would be as effective.  Just my thought.  Thanks for your time and advice. I am learning  alot on here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

harleyr warrior

I have done the mods to the Bradley  that I had mentioned  before. The ceramic  insulation  is used work nicely.  After operating  smoker for 4hrs, back of smoker cool to the touch. I can reach temperatures of 300 degrees. I should  never need that much heat but smoker is definitely  capable of cooking  a smoke without help of an oven to finish or start a smoke. Smoker is only 3 months old. I know warranty is no good anymore. Smoker is ready to produce  some terrific  food . Time to drink a cold beer. Start a new smoke and enjoy the weekend.

harleyr warrior

Smoking a turkey breast. Turned smoker up all the way. Took a shower and went out was 230. Turned smorker knob to middle mark. Put breast in went to 200 and rose  to 220 stayed at 230 now for 3 hrs. Working very nicely.