Nacho Sausage

Started by Northern_Smoke, June 04, 2016, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern_Smoke

I had an idea a few days ago to make a nacho sausage...almost like a bratwurst. It might be good eaten in a bun with lettuce, salsa and sour cream or on its own like the BBQ rib sausage or pizza brats I have made from this site.

So far I was thinking about a 50/50 mix of beef and pork. Spices I am leaning towards are cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper. Now the plan is to add finely chopped sun dried tomatoes, garlic, jalapeƱos, high temp cheddar and dehydrated onions. The reason for the dehydrated onions is that I am thinking about using an enchalada sauce in the mix as well. And finally if it needs more moisture to be absorbed I would use finely crushed Doritos...almost like rusk in an English banger.

Has anyone ever made a sausage like this? Am I crazy? Is there anything you see that might not work or that I am missing? If you can answer yes to any of these I may head back to the drawing board...otherwise expect to see v1.0 relatively soon.
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

cherrybergher

I've never tried making anything like that but it sounds interesting 8)
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Northern_Smoke

Well like I said I have tried 10.5's rib sausage and someone else's pizza brats and they were all delicious. I figure if I stick with Mexican-ish/nacho flavours it should all compliment each other. I don't think a 1-2 pound batch can hurt. Even if it isn't good I can probably choke down a pound of it lol
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

cherrybergher

Sounds like your thinking is on the money, and I mean 1-2lbs is an snack size portion, so no worries there  ;)
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"