Taking Bisquette Spacer Orders

Started by Kummok, October 22, 2003, 02:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

QuoteI've been using Bubba pucks for about 18 months. I use them to push off the last burnt puck, so the metal puck sits on the hot plate for the duration of the cooking time, which many times is +12 hours. I have not had any problems. I use two Bubba pucks, with a wood puck on top so that the wood puck pushes the Bubba puck onto the heat plate. After 12 hours the wood puck only gets slightly brown where it touches the second Bubba puck. Therefore I don't believe that there is too much heat being transferred back to where the gears are, and the pucks are not that heavy to put that type of strain on the gears.

I have used bubba pucks for about 15 months, the only difference is that I use 3 of them rather than "two then a wood puck on top" and have not had a problem with heat being transferred back towards the gears despite smoke/cooks of 12+ hours.

I have had a couple of smoke generator problems but these were unrelated to the bubba pucks, the biggest benefit of them is that they keep the puck heater plate a whole lot cleaner after smoking/cooking which is particularly helpful the longer the cooking time. :)
Manxman