Beef Brisket Pimped (by mistake)

Started by Chappy, February 04, 2016, 05:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chappy

So I am the the proud owner of a Bradley Digital 4 rack in the UK. I have had it for two weeks now and I have to say I am "well impressed". I  joined the forums and read up for a couple of days. I've sited my Bradley inside a small shed and vented it. (Pictures to follow).  The week prior to delivery of the Bradley I cured some belly pork and loin. I went to my local butcher and asked for a 6lb Boston Butt  and a 6lb Brisket.  Brisket was not a problem but he had never heard of Boston Butt. My butcher is very accommodating and  after a bit of research he provided as requested.

I was a bit ambitious for my first smoking session but I am used to catering for 30-40 people. I had a tried and tested rub for the brisket that I used when using coals.  Now here's the rub (pun intended)   I have a good friend who lives in Missouri. Who visits twice a year to stay.  He sent me some ghost chilli powder and some habanero chilli powder. I normally dry and grind my own chilli powder but I didn't have enough so I substituted 3 teaspoons of "normal" for 1 of habanero

WHAT A RESULT!  Smoking took 19 hours altogether, I bought a maverick remote temperature probe which made it so easy to monitor.

The meat was/is to die for. I vac packed most of the meat and stored it in the freezer. Tonight I had and army buddy pop round so I took a pack of beef out the freezer and dropped the bag in boiling water.  We tucked into 1lb of beef between us and it was divine. 

I would like to thank all the bloggers on this forum for their willingness to share and give advice. I will be asking lots of questions on recipe ideas and I am looking forward to trying new things. Best regards Chappy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat"?

Orion

Welcome aboard Chappy. Great write up and sounds like you did a great job.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy your new hobby

carlossainz123

Is it's possible to site this outside by the house covered when not in use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chappy

Hi Carlos, it would be fine in sumner but too windy until then. My shed is like a small guard centry box so is perfect, plus it's kept the smoker out the way of my missus lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chappy

So this is my DBS set up in my little shed.  Even got a sign made [emoji3][emoji491][emoji490]

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

beefmann

got to love the  shack...  only thing  missing is a  small fridge to keep cold beer in  ;D ;D ;D

Chappy

Here's one I prepared earlier. Lol. It's kept in my Den [emoji106][emoji481][emoji482]

Chappy

Saw my mucky fingerprints and had to clean it. Doh!

beefmann

ok ok you  win,,,, good looking  beer fridge and  smoking shack, none the less

Chappy

Thanks beefmann. I just need to put it all to good use [emoji3]