Pigeon Breast

Started by Chappy, February 05, 2016, 03:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chappy

I am shooting wood pigeons this afternoon and was wondering if anyone has a smoked pigeon breast before and have any tips. I may also bag a couple of rabbits so any recipes/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat"?

TMB

Never had pigeon but cooked a lot of dove breast.   When I cook dove I brine for half day or so to to get the gamy flavor out of them

When cooking I wrap in bacon and smoke them OR you can smoke them till about 120 IT    then move them to a HOT grill and sear to finish.   I like crispy bacon so searing is the way I go
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Chappy

Thanks TMB

That sounds great. Bagged two pigeons so 4 breast for smoking. I'm gonna do what you have suggested and then  serve with a creamy garlic sauce. I'll let you know how I got on. 😊
"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat"?

TMB

Yes let me know how it works for you.

OldHickory

Tommy has given you the perfect instructions.  I have cooked/grilled many, many dove breast just this way.... delicious.  A good creamy gravy is always a good addition. ( I usually add mushrooms too )  The hunt is always fun, and a good topper is a good cook.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

TMB

Quote from: OldHickory on February 06, 2016, 10:49:34 AM
Tommy has given you the perfect instructions.  I have cooked/grilled many, many dove breast just this way.... delicious.  A good creamy gravy is always a good addition. ( I usually add mushrooms too )  The hunt is always fun, and a good topper is a good cook.
Never thought to add gravy, Good lord what was I thinking??   I guess smoking dove meat and gravy really never crossed my mind ??? ???