Smoke generator working, heat working but no lcd display working.

Started by Rubahn, February 13, 2016, 08:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubahn

Need help with my digital 4 rack smoker, I turned it on after a few months of not using, everything seems to be working. Its producing smoke and moving the bisquettes, the only problem is the lcd display is not showing me any temps or timers, it not working at all.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Rubahn

Not open today, so far I'm about 4hours into a brisket, i placed a therm inside to regulate the temps. everything seems to be working, I just can see any numbers on the screen.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Rubahn;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum under these circumstances.

I don't have a digital, so I don't know the default values once it is turned on, but if it shuts off, just turn it back on to reestablish the default values.

Had the generator been left out in the frigid cold, or is the current ambient temperatures in the frigid cold? That will interfere with the LED properly working.

Do you have a digital temperature probe that can tell you the inside temperature of the cabinet? That will at least let you know what temperature the cabinet is keeping. If not you may want to move your brisket into the kitchen oven, after you have applied the smoke.

There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot this weekend, but it will have to wait until you are finished with the brisket. The below link will take you to some troubleshooting ideas. Concentrate on the "Digital Bradley Smokers Models" section.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Rubahn

Thank you I will look into the troubleshoot. The smoker has always been left out side under cover with the wires and smoke generator stored inside, and thats how its been for 6years im not sure whateent wrong, but I will finish the brisket then look into it further and take it apart.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FuBar

My screen stopped working also. It took a bit to get through to customer service but once I did they sent me a new display and it was easy enough to install.  I think it was under a hundred bucks CDN.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk