Burgers and Wings

Started by Cotton, August 08, 2006, 09:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

In My Opinion.
FTC is Foil, Towel, Cooler.
After you pull your food from the smoker you wrap it in a few layers of foil then wrap it up in an old bath towel then put it in a small cooler to KEEP WARM not cold. DO NOT add ice! The whole idea is to let it keep cooking under it's own heat. It breaks the conective tissues down even further and makes the meat very tender. I've had butts FTC for over 4 hours and they were still to hot to handle.
Great wat to transport butts and briskets to a feed at friends houses. Old's does prime ribs that way.

BillyG

Told you that IMO would be of the stupider variety!!!  I really didn't see the need to FTC the babybacks, I did foil them with the apple juice and put them in a ziplock while I got the other stuff going just to be on the safe side.  I can't believe how great this smoker is though, I went to lift the ribs of the rack and they started falling apart.  Plus, my wife-who really hasn't liked ribs anywhere I've gotten them-was in love with them.  We were both dissappointed I only bought one rack and didn't have another one to keep the feast going!!!  Can't wait to try all the other options out there.

Does beer can chicken work well in the smoker??? 

iceman

Quote from: BillyG on August 25, 2006, 02:19:32 PM
Does beer can chicken work well in the smoker??? 
You bet your sweet pippy it does. Brine the bird the night before in a simple poultry brine, season it up, put the beer can in the rack half full (you have to drink the rest), add some seasoning to the beer, stick the chicken on the rack, then in the smoker and let er rip! I'd say about 210 for 3 or so hours. Yank it out at 165 and FTC if you want.
It is soooo juicy and good you won't believe it. ;D