3 pound brisket

Started by jeffncris, February 17, 2016, 05:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffncris

Hello guys,

here in Portugal it's difficult to get the big briskets like you can get. I've got one, a little 3 pounder. Any tips on cooking it, time and temp? Will I need to wrap it in foil after three hours or so? Thanks in advance for the help!

jeffncris
Portugal

jeffncris

Wow, 67 views and no responses! Gonna have to wing it, please pray for my brisket tomorrow!

TMB

Never tried a brisket in my Bradley, but have cooked them.   IT 0f 195 to 205 works real good, salt and pepper is all you really need and if you want to wrap, wrap but I prefer just to let them go to the finish then FTC for 1 to 2 hrs
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Wildcat

Click on the recipe site link at the bottom of my post. There should be several brisket recipes on it.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Three pounds is a small brisket. If it is the point, you could probably cook it without wrapping in foil. If it is the flat; which generally weigh 5 pounds or more, or part of the flat section, I would wrap it, or it may just dry out; especially if it is trimmed too much. Add some beef broth before sealing the foil; after applying the smoke. Wrapping it is bacon would be another way to prevent the brisket from drying out. I generally will find flats at least 7 pounds.

I generally just like salt, pepper, and granulated garlic as a rub, but if you go to the link that Wildcat suggested you will find several rubs that work well on brisket. Depending on the texture you want, I like to take my brisket to 185°F - 190°F, and slice thinly against the grain.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jeffncris

Thank you guys, brisket going in now! It is very small, I think it is the point. Gonna put smoke on for 2 hours, spritz/flip and keep an eye on the IT. I appreciate the advice!