Check this out!! BS916 has arrived!!!

Started by Toker, March 05, 2016, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

oldsmoker

Read post no were dose it say any thing about heating element size. with that size smoker box the 500 watt will not work.
OLDSMOKER

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

rexster

After enlarging it, appears to have the same size/type element, and the top shelf looks worthless with whatever that is hanging from the top.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

cathouse willy

It's surprising they didn't think to build a pid into the controller. That's the most useful add on there is imho.

Smoker John

Yeah if it's the same 500 watt element in a bigger cabinet, I' m not sure how well that will work

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

TedEbear

If Bradley would ever come out with a model that had a PID controller and a higher wattage element at a reasonable price they'd have to add a second shift at the factory to keep up with sales. 

pensrock

QuoteIf Bradley would ever come out with a model that had a PID controller and a higher wattage element at a reasonable price they'd have to add a second shift at the factory to keep up with sales.
I agree.

Toker

After reading the dimensions, I'M not so sure how much bigger than a 6 rack this one really is, look. Dimensions: 40.5" (103 cm) height x 24" (61 cm) wide x 14.25" (36.2 cm) deep - See more at: http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/product/bradley-smart-smoker-ismoke/#sthash.RTYgNAzW.dpuf It seems to be about the seize of a 6 but with more racks inside. The 6 rack is 39 and this one is 40,5 so, no big deal in my mind at least.

Rider14

Curious as to what other upgrades have been made to the smoke generator.

If it can be controlled by an iPhone app, then the app should be able to ensure the temperature stays where it's set, in addition to monitoring smoker temp and food temp x2.  Kind of like a PID - set it on the app and you now have a better way of maintaining a constant temp...  I'm interested.

Also, the catcher hanging from the top of the inside of the smoker - what's it for? Catching rain water or other debris that may fall in through the vent to protect the meat?

Again, interested.

Toker

I guess we'll have to wait until May to see  :)

Smoker John

It'll be interesting to see this. I suspect it will be their most expensive smoker? Toker are you adding one to your fleet?  :)
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Toker

It is expected for May for 799$. And you bet john i will as soon as I have $$