Advice appreciated Bradlley smoker

Started by harleyr warrior, March 07, 2016, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philliprossignol

We're in Canada can I get a 900 wat I've got a Bradley an can't get it above 145 never have even new

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

harleyr warrior

Granger  probably  ship to Canada. Go to thier website. I'm  sure they will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

CRussel

The Canadian Grainger company is Ackland Grainger. www.acklandgrainger.com

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: philliprossignol on May 30, 2016, 04:55:08 PM
We're in Canada can I get a 900 wat I've got a Bradley an can't get it above 145 never have even new

Hi Phillip;

Are you referring to Fahrenheit or Celsius?

If you are referring to Fahrenheit, when the temperature is that low, it is usually because your element is not working at all. What troubleshooting techniques did you use to try to resolve the problem. If you state what model you have it would be easier for us to assist you. You can click on the link below for tips and troubleshooting ideas. Also if you are looking for help in fixing the problem, and not modifying your smoker, it would be best for you to start a new thread.
Bradley FAQ's

If you are referring to Celsius; that is a very good temperature, and you don't want to go much higher.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

philliprossignol

150 Fahrenheit I try ed moving the wires to no avail.

philliprossignol

The model number of the smokers is BT151 or 1S1

KyNola

Try unplugging the short power jumper cable at both ends and then very firmly plug it back in..  Sounds like your heating element is not getting power.  The jumper cable has to be really firmly plugged in.

Habanero Smoker

Your model is probably the BT1S1, the Original Black Bradley smoker. Is the temperature adjustment under the door? If resetting the plugs don't work you may try the following.

If the temperature adjustment is below the door, the other possibilities could be the temperature circuit board may have shorted out. If there are any cracks above or near the temperature adjuster, water or other fluids can seep in and short out that circuit board. If that happens you will not get power to the element.

If the power light by the temp slider is not working it could mean no power going to the cabinet, or power is going to the cabinet, but is cut off by either a faulty temperature circuit board, or the fusible link has blown, or you tripped the over temperature sensor and that sensor failed to set.

If that light is on, then it is likely that your element is no good.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)