Potato, Cheese and Onion Crusty Bread

Started by WoodlawnSmoker, March 11, 2016, 11:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodlawnSmoker

Hey folks, I retired from work last week so I figured it was time to get back to smoking and cooking.  Today I thought I'd try my hand at making some potato bread, I hadn't tried that before and couldn't find any advice on this forum either.

It came out great, this one's a keeper.  I used the basic no knead recipe for the crusty bread and added 1 cup of mashed potatoes, used the potato water, about a cup of smoked Balderson cheddar and some chopped onion greens.  The house smells great.  Now, on to create something with the smoker...

TMB

Sound good , will have to try that in my pellet grill.  Thanks for sharing!

OH, congrats on the retiring from work!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

OldHickory

I have never tasted a potato, cheese and onion bread.......but it sure sounds tasty from the title.  Was the crusty bread recipe from the Si Fumar post?  I have made her bread recipe and it is delicious.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

cathouse willy

Wood lawn When did you add the cheese and onions? Happy retirement!
Thanks
Bill

WoodlawnSmoker

Thanks guys for the well wishes, it's only been a short time but I would recommend it if you can do it, good for your well being.

Yes, I used Si Fumar's recipe for the no knead crusty bread, I had never baked bread before I found that recipe, but it's so easy even I can make great bread.

I added all the ingredients at the initial stage, flour, water, potatoes, cheese, everything. This was a good bread, its probably moister than moist breads because of the mashed potatoes but it toasts up perfectly. A bit denser than your normal crusty bread too. It's good though.