App?

Started by Toker, March 20, 2016, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi, I have a couple of questions that does not seems clear enough for me if I can ask thanks. Will it come with the app, or where will be able to get it? Do you know? Also, it says 2 sensors, are they only for the smoker temp or will we be able to monitor the food temp also? Thanks

Smoker John

From what they wrote it looks like both probes are for food, I'm sure you could use one for cabinet temp though.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Habanero Smoker

You will need to download the app from your app store to your smartphone, or tablet. Where you get the app from depends on your phone's operating system, but there should be an icon or you may have to go into your settings, on your phone to take you to the app store. Once at the store do a search for the Bradley app and download it onto your phone. iPhone has an icon that will take your directly to Apple Store. It's been a few years since I've had an Android model, so I can't remember how I downloaded apps to that phone. Also there are so many manufacturer's that are using Android, each probably has their own method. So if you can't find and icon, check your phone documentation. Android apps are downloaded from the Google Store.

You may want to send Bradley an email to see what apps will be available. Many times there is up to a year lag from when a manufacturer releases an iPhone app, until they release an Android app. That is one of the main reasons I switched to an iPhone. If you have an older phone, also ask them what versions of the operating system (OS) the app works with.

Edited:
After sending this message I saw the post from Bradley. They do support Android, but if you have an older phone, I would check to see what OS is required to run the app.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smorker

So far the Google Play store show nada for Android. I'm interested in the new smoker, but only if Bradley is going to provide an Android app and properly support it. If only iOS is supported (the name of the device sort of implies that) I'll stay with what I have.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bradley%20smoker&c=apps

Habanero Smoker

Bradley did announce that there will be an Android app. You will probably not see the app until the smoker goes on sale in May.

Smart Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

I did read somewhere, can not find it anymore sorry, May 29TH

Smorker

Good news on the app.

May 29th? Noooo. I was all ready to spring for a new digital unit and now I want the new one.

Toker

Yep, I just been confirmed on fb that the app will be released only at the same time than the smoker end of May.

Toker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ganguo.oven 

Could someone please check if this app can be installed in a TABLET cause in mine, it says not compatible. Not in a phone but in a Android tablet. Thanks

Smorker

Quote from: Toker on May 12, 2016, 04:44:31 PM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ganguo.oven 

Could someone please check if this app can be installed in a TABLET cause in mine, it says not compatible. Not in a phone but in a Android tablet. Thanks

Won't install on my android tablet either. Quite a disappointment. :(

cathouse willy

I guess I'm old school but I don't see what the fuss is about with this new smoker. You can set the cooking temps and times remotely from your smart phone. It can't control the temp swings like a pid. Does it do anything else? It seems like little more than an expensive gadget. What am I missing?

Toker

Thanks Smorker  :)

Toker

I spoke with a Bradley representative and they said they will contact the app maker to come out with a fix with this situation.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi

Can you guys let us know what type of Tablets you are using it will help narrow down the issue.

Smorker

Nexus 10, Android v 5.1.1