App?

Started by Toker, March 20, 2016, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Acer lconia B1 720 Android 4.4.2

Toker

I did it with the help of someone from the Bradley Smoker fan club on fb!! Just read his instructions on how to do it.

Just open a browser to apk pure website, and search for the app, download it, and then open it and you tablet will ask about letting things install from places other than the play store

I still don't know if I made it correctly but I made it  :) It is now in my tablet  ;D

Smorker

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on May 13, 2016, 10:59:05 AM
Hi

Can you guys let us know what type of Tablets you are using it will help narrow down the issue.

Any update on this? Lack of tablet support is a deal breaker for me.

Toker

They sent me a reply on fb telling me that they are working to including it into the next fix version.

Smorker

Quote from: Toker on May 26, 2016, 06:29:10 PM
They sent me a reply on fb telling me that they are working to including it into the next fix version.

Thanks. I'm not sure how comforting that is. I'm not a big fan of experimental software. Given the price of this thing I may just upgrade my 8 year old OBS to a tried and true 6 rack digital.

Shasta bob

Windows surface pro
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Smorker

I'm not inclined to replace a tablet that does everything I need except control a smoker that's a luxury.

Bradley (Head Office)

The Bradley iSmokeĀ® app is available for iPhone and Android smartphones. It's compatible with all iPhones, and the following Android smartphones.
-          Huawei C8817D
-          Huawei EVA-TL00
-          Huawei Honor 8
-          Huawei PE-TL00M
-          MeiZu M578CA
-          Qiku
-          Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
-          Samsung Galaxy S7
-          Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
-          Samsung Note 6
-          Smartisan
-          XiaoMi 4
-          XiaoMi MI 2C
-          ZTE B880

Toker

I don't have the smoker yet but i have the app into my Samsung Grand Prime and my tablet Acer lconia B1 720 Android 4.4.2

Just send me the smoker and I will tell you if it's works on my devices  ;D ;D

karey42

Just wondering if anyone has heard any further updates on the app? I am very interested in the smoker but the app is the big concern for me. I downloaded it from Play onto my Samsung Note 4 to test it out and it constantly locks up and crashes upon startup. I know that my phone isn't on the list of supported phones but further research from Bradely has indicated that the app requires O.S. 4.3 (KitKat or higher) and Bluetooth 4.0 which I exceed both of those?

So bottom line for me is if the app doesn't work then its not worth the price it costs right now.

Toker

I think it needs the smoker to stop crashing cause I too downloaded it (no smoker yet) and it does the same. I'll buy it early January and will post definitive answer here once tried with the smoker.

karey42

That would be great thank you ! ... Maybe a Rep will reply fingers crossed and give us an official answer as well.

rib-a-lation

I have the smart smoker, and a galaxy s6.  The app crashes non-stop.  I have to uninstall and reinstall every time I close the app.