Cleaning the bradley smoker

Started by smoky10, April 03, 2016, 08:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoky10

Hi folks, a newby here. I joined this group because I was having trouble with my new Bradley Original smoker. I could not get the temp above 100 F. Before I posted my problem I did some reading and found my problem, a cord not seated properly :D. It worked great after that. Since I'm new to smoking I thought I'd ask about cleaning the inside of the smoker. Do you clean the inside after every use and what do you use? Glad I found this forum.

manfromplaid

do not need to clean very often. just wipe down with a dry newspaper. clean the door seal with warm water after every use. 

beefmann

wipe down after each use,,, was the door seal with  warm soapy water along with where the door seal meats the cabinet, .. remove any excessive flakes and grease,,,

enjoy

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  The links below will help with what to clean and how often.

What parts should I clean on my Bradley Smoker?

How do I clean my generator?

And here's a link to more FAQ plus the user recipe site: Welcome to Old's Place

smoky10

Thanks for the advice. Since I'm new to this I need all the help I can get.

TMB

I am supposed to clean my Bradley :o :o :o??

;D ;D ;D   I wipe down, remove the big stuff and wash the grates in the dish washer if need be
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

TedEbear

Some people use ZEP Industrial Purple Degreaser to clean the removable parts such as racks and things.  I've tried it and it cuts the smoke residue really well.

Rack cleaning tips/tricks

Indy Smoker

After a smoke I wipe off the door seals and any other drippings that may have occurred. Once a year in the spring I will wipe down with crumbled newspaper and use an air compressor to blow any loose smoke residue away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jesse_sanders

I've never once cleaned mine. What's the point?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

petersjj1952

I am fairly new to the Bradley smoker; however, to clean the v panel, bowl and bottom tray, I have found that Spray 9 is an excellent cleaner. Just spray it on and most of the residue will come off. If you have not cleaned these pieces for awhile, you may need to assist the cleaner with a stiff bristle brush.