cabinet question

Started by werwin, April 09, 2016, 09:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

werwin

Has anyone ever disassembled their cabinet?  I was just wondering if there is anything besides the temp control slide in the bottom.
I have mine mounted on a mobile rack and was thinking of drilling down through the bottom and mounting it to the rack so it would move.
I wish i could figure out how to post pictures so i could show you what i'm talking about.
But i was just worried if there is any wiring in the bottom of the cabinet.
Thanks
Tony

Habanero Smoker

There are wires running from the back plug to the slider control. They run straight down the center and should not be anywhere near you will be drilling. Keep in mind that it is very thin sheet metal, that strips easily when screws are overtighten. At least one member posted that he secured his attaching L braces to the outside of the cabinet on all four corners, but I don't recall if he ever updated as to how well that worked. If possible a nut, washer and bolt combination would be a better fastener than screw.

To post pictures from a desktop, tablet etc. you must first upload your photos to a hosting sight such as Photobucket, Then link your photos from there. Below is a link to a pictorial. It is somewhat outdated, but still contains relevant information.
How To Post Pictures

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

werwin

Thank You.
I never gave the L bracket a thought i was going to dill down through and use a carriage bolt and nut
Thank for the pic info i will look into that now