Opinion wanted

Started by jon515, April 23, 2016, 05:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

I sent an email, we will see what they will say. Thank you.

TMB

Quote from: Toker on April 26, 2016, 10:18:31 PM
I sent an email, we will see what they will say. Thank you.
Was using my cell phone and I'm so dumb I can't figure it out half the time.

http://bbcharcoal.com/products/pellet-grill-fuel/                   Try this site  :)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

KyNola

Francois, check www.bigpoppasmokers.com  They market BBQer's Delight pellets.  They are located in California and may be able to ship to you. Very customer friendly.

Toker

Yeah thanks for the help. Like I said, I sent an email and we will see. I found both of your link buy my self anyway. Thanks anyway really appreciated.

jon515

Thank you for all the replies, I ended up ordering a Green Mountain Grill yesterday!

Habanero Smoker

Did you get the Wi-Fi version, and which model? I have the Jim Bowie Wi-Fi. It's a good grill, it is so long it's has at least three distinct zones. Their latest firmware improved things quite a bit.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jon515

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 27, 2016, 12:58:28 PM
Did you get the Wi-Fi version, and which model? I have the Jim Bowie Wi-Fi. It's a good grill, it is so long it's has at least three distinct zones. Their latest firmware improved things quite a bit.
I ordered the Daniel Boone with wifi I'm excited to try it and I'll probobly keep my bradley as well!

TMB

Quote from: jon515 on April 27, 2016, 01:09:08 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 27, 2016, 12:58:28 PM
I ordered the Daniel Boone with wifi I'm excited to try it and I'll probobly keep my bradley as well!
KEEP the Bradley!!   I use mine for cheese, nuts, jerky + many more.    You will kick yourself if you got rid of it 8) 8) 8) 8)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Habanero Smoker

The DB is a good model, and their customer service is good.

Their pellets are also good, but I find them expensive, and over the past year I've been testing a few brands. If you haven't already done so, go check out the Pellethead forum.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

jon515

I've seen some pretty big temperature variance from right to left (gmg sent me a new control board) now the left is hot and they are sending me a new heat shield. It's always something.

Habanero Smoker

Maybe I should give them a call. If I can get my heat shields replaced with the new one piece shield, it is worth a try. I've been fighting uneven temps since I've updated to version 5.6 and higher. It still cooks good, I just have to work with the different zones, which is to be expected; the JB is long and the firepot is not centered. You may still find some different zones, that that is kind of expected; as long as the variance is not too huge. I've finally got it so the far left is about -10°F than the center, and the far right is about +15°F, by adjusting my shields.

Do you have the three piece or one piece heat shield? If you have the three piece, they are probably sending you the one piece shield. What version are you running? I just updated to 6.2, but haven't had a chance to do a test run. I would be interested to know if the new shield makes a difference.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

jesse_sanders

I have not been impressed with the bradleys ability to come up to temperature or maintain it or recover. If you want to cold smoke buy one of those amazin tubes for like $30 and put it in the bottom of your pellet grill and roll on. I would not recommend a Bradley to anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Quote from: jesse_sanders on June 10, 2016, 06:34:36 AM
I have not been impressed with the bradleys ability to come up to temperature or maintain it or recover.

For under $100, you can add a second element and a PID controller.  There are how-to write-ups on how to do either of these.

Bradley Accessories - User Modifications

jesse_sanders

Quote from: TedEbear on June 10, 2016, 06:39:10 AM
Quote from: jesse_sanders on June 10, 2016, 06:34:36 AM
I have not been impressed with the bradleys ability to come up to temperature or maintain it or recover.

For under $100, you can add a second element and a PID controller.  There are how-to write-ups on how to do either of these.

Bradley Accessories - User Modifications
Yeah I've seen them. But I've already spent $500 on something that should work. I don't know, just my .02

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jon515

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 10, 2016, 01:40:29 AM
Maybe I should give them a call. If I can get my heat shields replaced with the new one piece shield, it is worth a try. I've been fighting uneven temps since I've updated to version 5.6 and higher. It still cooks good, I just have to work with the different zones, which is to be expected; the JB is long and the firepot is not centered. You may still find some different zones, that that is kind of expected; as long as the variance is not too huge. I've finally got it so the far left is about -10°F than the center, and the far right is about +15°F, by adjusting my shields.

Do you have the three piece or one piece heat shield? If you have the three piece, they are probably sending you the one piece shield. What version are you running? I just updated to 6.2, but haven't had a chance to do a test run. I would be interested to know if the new shield makes a difference.

I have the latest firmware (it was updated when they sent me the control board) The heat shield is a one piece, the new one they are sending apparently has the notch cut differently to redirect some of the heat.  Fingers crossed, the other fix I saw (but this is when my left side was the hot side) was a dryer vent run from the chimney across the grill to the left side, this supposedly fixed that grillers temp problem!