New

Started by gunnerdog54, April 29, 2016, 08:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunnerdog54

Hey Everyone,
I'm somewhat new to the smoking community. I was given my smoker by my wife, and I initially loved it. Last summer had great success, after some guidance from a friend that has a Bradley Digital as well. Two weeks ago(I'm a shift worker, 10 days on, 10 days off) I was making some ribs, had family over, so the pressure was on. And I couldn't get my temp past 210. Even to get it up to 210 took about 2 hrs.
Is there anything I can do without having to mod it? Not impressed considering the money that these things cost!!!

Smoke and Fire

Sorry about the problem need to know weather conditions and how much meat load . I've had wind cause problems or went not open keep temps down before.

Smoke and Fire

Did Smoker get to temp before putting meat in? I've used bricks wrapped in foil heated in the oven to help temp .

gunnerdog54

Temp got up to 220 before I put the meat in. Was in a sheltered place so wind and temp wasn't a factor and had three racks of ribs in.

KyNola

What are you using to monitor the temp in the tower?  If you're relying on the readout on the box you need to know that it is inaccurate.  Also, 210 is a decent temp for smoking.  They call it "low and slow" for a reason.