Free smoker fix

Started by Shasta bob, May 13, 2016, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasta bob

Help i have been givin a free orignal 4 rack smoker. The problum is it heats up element and burner, but the puck advance will not move. I push the button  nothing happens? I have cleaned it still no luck all ideas welcome.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Habanero Smoker

It may be a problem with the motor, or micro switch or both. One or both may need to be replaced. Yard & Pool has the motor, but I didn't see the micro switch on their site. If you need it you should send them an email. There are other components in the generator, but I've never seen any posts that those components have failed.

During the cleaning, did you check all the wiring to make sure everything was connected, and checked the micro switch?
If not open it back up, and check the micro switch to make sure it is not stuck. Clean it with electrical contact cleaner, and manually depress the micro switch to make sure it clicks.

Do you hear any noise when you depress the advance button?
If not, again check the wiring to the motor. If it make a noise, the arm could be jammed, or one of more gears inside can be stripped.

The below link will provide more details:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Shasta bob

thanks I will get into it today.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Shasta bob

Thanks for the help Habanero Smoker, I have just purchased a new smoker motor I cant wait to get this second one up and running.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Shasta bob

Thanks again for the information Habanero Smoker, the new motor showed up installed and thanks to Yard & Pool I'm up and running with the smoker, the parts were perfect and on time thanks all for the help and information. Shasta bob
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Habanero Smoker

You're welcome. Great to hear you have it up and running.

I
         don't
                   inhale.