New Smoker In TX

Started by J-Lo, May 29, 2016, 09:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Lo

Hi All - just bought a Bradley digital 4 rack smoker yesterday.  Have been saving Christmas gift cards for a couple years and watching for the big sale.  Cabela's dropped the online prices low for the Memorial Day weekend so I figured now was the time.  Never really smoked before except some failed attempts on a Weber grill with smoking attachment - could never get the heat to stay cold enough.  Buddy turned me on to this smoker when he helped me smoke several batches of venison hot sticks and summer sausage.  Seasoning it now and am going to try a couple chickens tomorrow.  Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.  Thanks.

John

Smoke and Fire

Welcome to the form J-Lo chicken can be tasty but the skin can get rubbery. Should look into buying duel probe temp sensor as the gauge on the smoker is off. Lot of people here have more experiences than I will help out.

rexster

Do some small stuff, chicken, sausage and the like. When you get comfortable with that, add another Bradley element or replace the element with a 900 watt element and learn what cooking in a Bradley is all about. Add an Auber PID and you've got it made in the shade
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack