Auber Wireless Themometer

Started by Gafala, June 20, 2016, 06:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

On my next smoke I'm going to use a Auber Wireless Themometer with two slaves one for meat and one for smoker temp, the Mavericks work as long as I stay outside go in the house I lose the signal and I'm only 20 feet from the smoker. We will see if this works.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

TedEbear

Which model Maverick?  The old ones had a shorter range but the newer models are much improved.

Gafala

Well I have old and new the one I have been using is a ET-7 SET.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

TedEbear

Ye, I believe that ET-7 is an older model. 

I have a Maverick ET-732.  I've never had any problem with the signal when I've had my Bradley outside on the basement level and the receiver is upstairs in the center of the house.  The newer ET-733 is supposed to have an even longer range, up to 300 ft with no obstructions.

I know what you mean about the short range on some of these.  I don't remember the brand but I had one where the receiver had to be close to the window where the smoker was just outside or it wouldn't work.  After some frustration I bought the ET-732 and it was a major improvement.

tskeeter

I too, have an ET 732.  It works reasonably reliably (drops signal, then reconnects) when the smoker is outside.  It's about 35 feet through multiple stucco clad walls from the smoker shed to my recliner.  From the smoker shed to the kitchen, about 20 feet, or so, the signal is absolutely reliable.  As much as I'd like to have an ET 733, the 732 works so well I can't justify a new thermometer.

Gafala

I tried my Maverick ET-73 and got the same thing my smoker is in line with the deck door 10feet  and 10feet to my chair at the door its works at the chair it drops signal.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

TedEbear

The ET-73 is an older model with a shorter range.  I think that's the one I originally had where I had to keep the receiver within 10 ft of the window where the transmitter was stationed on the outside.

Shasta bob

Auber Wireless Themometer is there  such a thing, I haven't seen it.  I have been looking for one I even looked for a wireless thermo works.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Gafala

This is what I will try, a master unit with two slaves, one meat probe, and one air temp probe. Here is a link.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=449 :)
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

TedEbear

My goodness.  For that much money, someone could buy two Maverick ET-733 units and have money left over.  The ET-733 lists a range of up to 300 ft, the Auber says 100 ft.

Alanfromwis

I have a Maverick Redi Chek that as I recall is a ET-7. I added about a 4 inch length of wire to the antenna of both the transmitter and receiver using a soldering pencil to attach inside each unit. Don't use a soldering gun for this as it will get the board too hot. I now have no trouble with losing contact, however I never tried it over about 50 feet and through a wall.
  Alan
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Gafala

I just did a basic test of this new setup, Bradley at 200deg no meat for this, two Auber AT210-A Slaves, one AT219-B Master two K Type Thermocouple Probes, from front yard 70 feet from smoker through the house the master read the temps and even inside the house no matter where I went no drops, the only drawback is these units are not battery powered. For me this was a wise choice Auber Equipment is number one, if there WiFi PID is any thing like these I'll be one of the first to buy one.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

Toker

Supposed to have one later this summer.

GusRobin

Here is a lonk to the directions to mod the older Mavericks. I got better range from an old one that was moded than the newer models. But the new ones have the ability to reconnect if they lose connection.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?571-Maverick-ET-73-Range-Modification
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TedEbear

Just an FYI, Yard & Pool is currently having their Independence Day sale with 10% off all BBQ accessories.  Their normal price on the Maverick ET-733 is $69.99.  Subtract 10% off that through July 4th.

They also have Bradley bisquettes on sale, too.  Use promo code JULY4THYP16