Rckcrwlr needs to Reintroduce himself...

Started by Rckcrwlr, June 26, 2016, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

Wow how time flies...

I just got an email from the forum that reminded me that I have not been on here in a while.  Well, when I logged on and looked at my last activity it was Feb 2015. 

I thought I owed everyone an explanation of my absence.

My job was high pressure the past year +....so much that I had a heart attack exactly one year ago tomorrow (June 27th).  Yeap, 49 years old, low cholesterol and low blood pressure, worked out 3 times a week and wasn't "over weight".

Had all the symptoms but as stubborn men are, thought I was just winded.  Light headed turned into excessive sweating then "the elephant on your chest" feeling, to pain between my shoulder blades, to my left arm (where I finally said we need to go to the hospital).

Went in the ER, they didn't see anything crazy...then 5 mins later the doctor says "YOU ARE HAVING A HEART ATTACK, RIGHT NOW!"...those words I hear as clear as day. 

Ended up having two blockages...one got a stint, the other was collateral (meaning that my body naturally did a bypass, they say because of me working out).

The thing is, every doctor I see says that I should not be in this situation.  BUT...due to me not dealing with my stress...that is what happened.

So...October we moved out to the country, downsized house (about half), upsized property (7.5 acres)...quit my job (started a new one this past week) and lost close to 50 lbs.

Because of the move, I have not set my smoker up...but am looking forward to it soon.

Built a "SHED" for my new passion, John Deere Tractors.

Tomorrow I get to celebrate my 1 year anniversary of my Heart Attack and feel much better on what the future brings.

Here are some pics...

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Wildcat

Not everyone gets a second chance. Congratulations on not only seeing the message, but on having the intelligence to make the needed change. Welcome to "the rest of your life"! Now relax and enjoy.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Jim O

Welcome back! You should use that "left-over" lumber to build a "super" enclosure for your Bradley ! My shed is called the "hog-house". Harleys not porkers.
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

beefmann

welcome back, sorry to hear of your issues,,, best wishes to you and yours,, stay healthy

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear about your past health problem. Glad to see you have fully recovered, and improved your quality of life.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smoker John

Sorry to hear about the health issues, welcome back
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Quarlow

Welcome back. I also have been too busy with a stressful life lately. I am on a waiting list for a stint to fix my Angina. Didn't have a heart attack but am on the edge. Thank god for Nitroglycerin. Glad to here you are doing well and were able to de-stress your life style. I am try to do this also but the stress of doing so has cause the Angina.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.