Problem hooking smoke generator on smoke box

Started by Pistol Pete, June 27, 2016, 05:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pete

My kids gave me a 6 Rack Bradley Digital and I love it.  What I recently noticed, however, is that the plate on the generator, which is used for affixing it to the smoke box, has sprung inward making it impossible to hang on the smoke box.  (Its not bent, its not where it should be, so its sprung)/Users/pbanks/Desktop/Bradley Generator.jpg   I am sure the generator was made to function level.  Now I could prop up that side of the generator with empty beer cans but I would really prefer to fix it. I await your suggestions  (Meanwhile I will stockpile empty beer cans )

TedEbear

Hi.  The pic didn't show on my side.  You have to upload them to a host site first.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of how to post pics in a message.

1. Upload your pic(s) to a free host site, such as Photobucket.
2. Next to each pic is an IMG box. Left click in that box and the contents will automatically be copied onto your clipboard.
3. Paste those contents into a message on here.
4. It is not necessary but if you want to see if it worked before posting your message you can click on the Preview button.

Hint: If you think you might be using Photobucket for eventually storing lots of pics it is a good idea to create different folders for each theme such as Food, Hobbies, Cars, etc.  Just make sure you upload them to the appropriate folder. Keeping your Photobucket pics organized makes them much easier to find later on.

Pistol Pete

Thanks for the instructions on the photo upload.  After surveying the situation, using my 17 years of college for knowledge, and a couple Foster's Oil Cans for wisdom, I removed 8 screws from the bottom (all of which were apparently torqued too tight as the lock washers disintegrated when I loosened them), slid back the side and saw that the "nub", which should have been holding that corner, was bent too far inward.  I adjusted the "nub", slid it back together and put the screws back in (with new lock washers) and now all is well in River City (Tout est bien) (Wait..I though bien was Spanish!)

As an aside- I was going to smoke a couple pork loins for a gathering at my daughter's for Fathers Day.  My grandson wound up getting sick and the event was delayed a week but I still had two pork loins that had been marinating for 24 hours (Mary's Cherry Rub and Memphis Dust).  I threw them in freezer bags and back in the freezer.  Friday night I thawed them in the fridge , smoked them in apple and cherry mix on Sunday (225°F 2 hrs to 145°F internal) and they were great according to all (and they weren't just being nice).  Of course this leads me to one question....why does fridge have a "d" and refrigerator doesn't?

TedEbear

Quote from: Pistol Pete on June 27, 2016, 10:04:05 AMOf course this leads me to one question....why does fridge have a "d" and refrigerator doesn't?

I hadn't thought about that one.  I guess it's sort of like, "Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway", as well as other mysteries of life.   ;)

Glad to hear you got the smoker issue fixed.