Hi All. I could use some pointers.

Started by twl, July 09, 2016, 06:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twl

In November a tree landed on my BDS 4 - squash! Now with new roof, corner of house and new deck, I have a BDS 6. 1st load was Chicken wings then Ribs. All yum. My problem is in cleaning the drip tray. I use Dawn Power Dissolver for all clean up and it works quite well on racks & pans - spray 'em and stick 'em in the dishwasher. But the Drip Tray is another matter. Nothing seems to make that cleaning chore easy. What hints do you guys have. Do you pre-coat with something, use a different detergent, use a sand blaster, what? Please give me some ideas.
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

Edward176

Hi twl, I have had my 6 rack Bradley for over 2 years now and have no issue with it. I spray the drip tray with PAM, or similar produce, before smoking and afterwards throw it into a sink with water sometimes overnight. I then wash it in the dishwasher on POTS and PAN cycle. So far its nearly as clean and new looking as the day I seasoned my smoker. I also spray my racks as well. Makes cleanup a breeze.

Gafala

Quote from: Edward176 on July 09, 2016, 05:03:15 PM
Hi twl, I have had my 6 rack Bradley for over 2 years now and have no issue with it. I spray the drip tray with PAM, or similar produce, before smoking and afterwards throw it into a sink with water sometimes overnight. I then wash it in the dishwasher on POTS and PAN cycle. So far its nearly as clean and new looking as the day I seasoned my smoker. I also spray my racks as well. Makes cleanup a breeze.

I do the same, some times I need to use a 3M pad keeps everything looking new.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

TedEbear

Many of us use Zep Purple Degreaser.  It seems to dissolve grease like magic.  It is available at Home Depot.

Here's a recent thread on it:  Cleaning the Smoker