Yet another Englander

Started by wurzel, July 15, 2016, 05:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wurzel

Hi all.

Recently got out of the restaurant game after 20 odd years behind the stove. Finally found a bit of time to play with the bradley I've had sitting in the garage for a couple of years. Loving it and I now have to give away half of everything I cook, even I can't eat this much meat. Toying with the idea of starting a barbecue truck to keep my hand in the cheffing while I do some other stuff as well.

I've got to say, I'm loving the spat of UK members. Barbecue is taking off in a big way here lately. I tried to convince another smoker maker, who I shan't mention here, that now is the time to find a UK distributor so I could get hold of one without tripling the price with shipping and import costs. Didn't work :(

Praise be to the 3 best things from the States; Barbecue, beer & bourbon.
"Heaven sends us good meat, but the devil sends us cooks."

David Garrick

Habanero Smoker

To add to my reply from my other post; I just looked up MISS PIGGY'S U.K bio. It is a little outdated, and hasn't been updated since 2011, but that bio states they are from Leicester, LE, UK

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gafala

Two years ago we were in Newlyn at the Smugglers Inn, some of the best food we have had we did London and Brussels and Amsterdam this last Jan. Good food and good people.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

wurzel

I looked the miss piggy guys up, they're mental! They spend most of their lives flying around for competitions by the looks of it. I might look into their classes, that could be interesting.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

"Heaven sends us good meat, but the devil sends us cooks."

David Garrick

Habanero Smoker

When they first started, they were not that good, but they have come a long way. They won the grand champion at Staten Island, NY back in April, and scoring high in KCBS circuit rankings. I was a table captain at that event, and was able to sample a variety of food, not just what came to my table, and it was all good. Talking with other table captains, the scores at most of the tables were very high, so they were against some strong competition. If you get the opportunity, you should seriously look into their class.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)