Not enough heat

Started by Thetiedyeguy, July 18, 2016, 12:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thetiedyeguy

I have a Bradley original smoker. It got up to temp when I first used it at 40 degrees outside temps. Now when it's 80 outside I struggle to get to 175. The company sent me a new temp sensor and I've checked the plugs. Any suggestions?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Thetiedyeguy;

Welcome to the forum.

Just to clarify, you have the New Bradley Original with the temperature dial on the generator?

It appears your element is not working. Have you plugged the cabinet directly into a wall socket to see if the elements are working? To do this you will need to use a desktop computer power cord to plug the cabinet into the wall. If the elements get hot and glows red, then the problem is in your generator. If they don't glow or get hot, then the problem could be the element itself, the inline fuse, or the temperature sensor (did you install that?). To check the element you will need a multimeter, remove a wire at one end and test the OHMs, you should get a reading of 27 - 31 OHMs, if not you element is bad. That would leave the inline fuse; which you would need to remove the back of the cabinet, and use the multimeter to test for continuity. While the back is removed check for any loose wiring.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)