Recipe Site

Started by Habanero Smoker, July 20, 2016, 01:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

At this time it is unclear when or if the recipe site will be backup again. The only thing I can say for certain is that I can dispel the idea that the recipe site was taken down due to a fallout between partners. Trey was the sole owner of that site. Nor does it appear that the site was hacked. I hope personal difficulties are not the cause of the site shutting down, and there is another explanation. Many attempts have been made to contact Trey by phone and email, but so far none of these attempts have been successful. If he can be contacted, there is a very strong possibility that the site can be backup and running.

Back in January 2014, when it looked like the site was being shutdown then, Olds posted instructions on how to download the site. I lost my download when I either upgraded to Win. 8 or when I was upgrading to Win. 10. Did anyone download the site, and still have a copy of it?

Here is the post:
Smoker Site to go down....

I'll will keep you updated as I get more/new information.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

If you mean the recipes, I have them.  I'm not sure if they contain the smoker modifications that several people have been asking about recently. 

I am currently on vacation in the Devils Tower area (I climbed to the top yesterday - yahoo!) and that file is on my home computer.  I'll look at what it has when I get back home on Friday.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen pictures of Devil's Tower. The only way I would get to the top is by helicopter. ;D Congratulations on reaching the top.

I was referring to the download of the whole website, that would include the HTML coding. I still have the recipe download file.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Gafala

That is good news that you have the file, when I installed Windows 10 I lost mine. I would hope there is a way some of us could get the file.

Thanks HAB
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Habanero Smoker

The problem with the recipe file is that it is too large for me to send it by email. My ISP puts restrictions on how large of an attachment I can send; especially if it is an .exe file. I would need to upload it to a hosting site using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). If I can find a way to do that I'll let you know.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Smoker John

Thanks for the update Habs.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

TedEbear

I'm still out of town but I've used Google Docs to host large files in the past and made them available to anyone.  I don't know if it only works with pdf files or if it could be used to host other types, too.

I just look around there and it looks like Google Drive can be used to host large files of multiple types.  I think the free file size limit is 15GB.

Shuswap

Today I get my berkshire belly so thank goodness I have Habs bacon recipe on file.  If the SusanMinor files become available I'll have them downloaded in a flash. :o :o

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: TedEbear on July 21, 2016, 01:08:55 PM
I'm still out of town but I've used Google Docs to host large files in the past and made them available to anyone.  I don't know if it only works with pdf files or if it could be used to host other types, too.

I just look around there and it looks like Google Drive can be used to host large files of multiple types.  I think the free file size limit is 15GB.

That is a good idea. Currently the recipe file is a .gso file that requires the Golden Section Reader program to view the file. In the past I've spoken with Trey about converting this into a pdf format. I may have to revisit that idea. I did a quick search and it appears that pdf documents can be uploaded to google docs.

Quote from: Shuswap on July 21, 2016, 02:08:23 PM
Today I get my berkshire belly so thank goodness I have Habs bacon recipe on file.  If the SusanMinor files become available I'll have them downloaded in a flash. :o :o

About once a year or so, I'll get a Berkshire Boston butt, and smoke it for some great pulled pork. That pork is so good, and is worth the additional cost.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

cherrybergher

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 21, 2016, 02:15:36 AM
The problem with the recipe file is that it is too large for me to send it by email. My ISP puts restrictions on how large of an attachment I can send; especially if it is an .exe file. I would need to upload it to a hosting site using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). If I can find a way to do that I'll let you know.

Dropbox is always an option Hab, you could put the files in there and just email the link to whomever you wish, I'd love to get a copy of the recipes.
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Habanero Smoker

Thanks. I'll take a look at dropbox.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

watchdog56

Shasta bob

2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

JohnM70

Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

Smoker John

I'm definitely interested, thanks.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712