Recipe Site

Started by Habanero Smoker, July 20, 2016, 01:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

TedEbear;

Thanks for posting that. You have uploaded the last file gso file that was included in the download. That will definitely provide the recipes, but lacks the features of "click to enlarge" for photos, and to open any of the 7 documents that are linked to some recipes/articles;  though all internet links should work.

The gso file will only contain the recipes (and internet links), if one wants to "click to enlarge" a photo, of want to review the pdf files that contains one of the 7 links to those documents such as "When Is Meat Done?", the Recipe_v4.exe is needed. If you have the file Recipes_v4.exe (28mg) that would be a better file to upload. That will install the gso file plus the folders "Images" and "Files", that works with the gso file so you can enlarge photos by clicking on them, or view the pdf document.

I currently have a version that I did not get to upload prior to the recipe site going down. That would be Recipes_v5.exe. That version would be about a 46mg download. So I when I find the best  way to distribute that full download; I'll post that in this thread.

I forgot to mentions that version of GSReader does work in Windows 10. If you have any problems with the program, just set it compatibility mode to XP, though Window 10 should automatically set that mode for you when you open the program.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 28, 2016, 02:27:57 AM
I currently have a version that I did not get to upload prior to the recipe site going down. That would be Recipes_v5.exe. That version would be about a 46mg download. So I when I find the best  way to distribute that full download; I'll post that in this thread.

OK, you can upload that 46MB file to Google Drive and post a shared link to it.  The free space for Google Drive is 15GB, so it should work.  Make sure you right click on the file after you u/l it and select "Create a shared link".

Salmonsmoker

TedE Bear, Can't locate the "create a shared link" after right clicking. Would it be listed as something else also? Thx
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: TedEbear on July 28, 2016, 04:32:33 AM

OK, you can upload that 46MB file to Google Drive and post a shared link to it.  The free space for Google Drive is 15GB, so it should work.  Make sure you right click on the file after you u/l it and select "Create a shared link".

Thanks! I'm not sure if I want to use Google Drive. I'm looking at a couple of options.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

RedJada

Anything for apple/mac users? Also, anyone know if the site went down due to lack of funds? Or the reason in went down?

TedEbear

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on July 28, 2016, 07:15:14 AM
TedE Bear, Can't locate the "create a shared link" after right clicking. Would it be listed as something else also? Thx

That was for Habs to create a link after he uploads the file for sharing. Just left click on the link I posted earlier and you should be able to d/l it.

TedEbear

The gso file will only contain the recipes (and internet links), if one wants to "click to enlarge" a photo, of want to review the pdf files that contains one of the 7 links to those documents such as "When Is Meat Done?", the Recipe_v4.exe is needed. If you have the file Recipes_v4.exe (28mg) that would be a better file to upload. That will install the gso file plus the folders "Images" and "Files", that works with the gso file so you can enlarge photos by clicking on them, or view the pdf document.

OK, I just finished uploading Recipe_v4.exe to Google Drive.  It is 27MB.  Here are the links to both the folder that contains the Recipe_v4.exe file as well as the related files I uploaded yesterday. Left click to d/l.

Bradley Recipe Folder

Recipe_v4.exe

GoldenSection Reader v2.8

Recipes from the Bradley Smoker Forum (the original .gso file)

Steelman

Thanks for sharing brother.  It is very much appreciated.

Cheers

c_becker11

Any Apple/Mac users getting this to work somehow? Also, thanks again guys for preserving the site!

Habanero Smoker

The software company only makes the gso programs for Windows. If you search, there are ways you can run Windows and/or Windows programs on a Mac, but I'm not that familiar with that. Google "can you run windows programs on a mac".

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Shuswap

TedEbear and Habs - you guys rock 8)

Habanero Smoker

Today I was on Golden Section site, and was surprised to see all their software is now free. So I've downloaded GSNote4; which is the program that creates the gso files, and GSReader4, which is a reader only. If you download GSNotes, you really don't need to download GSReader. Just note that GSReader (v.4) installation download will overwrite GSReader (2.8,) download. If you don't want an editor (GSNotes), and just want to view gso files then just download the reader. I believe v.4 is downward compatible with v.2.8, but I haven't tested it.

After downloading the file(s) you want, click on the purchase button to get the software keys.
Golden Section Labs

I
         don't
                   inhale.

GusRobin

Many thanks to TedEBear and Habs,
Downloaded the GSO notes - did have a problem when I went to register. Got the reg code from the GSO site but is also asked for the product key. Couldn't find it so I entered the reg key in both blanks and it worked.

Ted- I downloaded the recipe V4 file. Do I need to also download "the original gso" file or is it included in the V4 file.

Thanks very much for the efforts you both out in to getting this info to the rest of us.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

TedEbear;

Thanks for posting Recipe_v4.exe.

Gus;

Recipe_v4.exe, will install the gso file, plus the folders "Images" and "Files".  If you don't need the "click to enlarge", that will enlarge many of the photos, you can save disk space and just download the gso file and the reader.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

CRussel

Thanks TedEBear and Habenero Smoker for making this happen. I still hope the Recipe site will be back at some point, but having this archive is a huge plus. There were so many things there I hadn't pulled down and tried yet!

Charlie.