Need some ideas about a pulled pork.

Started by rnmac, July 20, 2016, 08:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnmac

I do bone in butts around the 10 lb size. Brine for 48 hrs. then rub for 48 hrs. Set it in my Bradley digital at 225 with apple wood for 16 hrs. & mist it with apple juice every 4 hrs. It comes to around 180 F. Then FTC with a splash of apple juice for 3 hrs. I get 190 F. plus everytime.
Now for my big question. I have a family circus coming up soon & would like to prepare and bring 1 with me. Should I bring the whole thing still in the foil then reheat or pull it at home to reheat it there? Kinda worried about drying it out.
Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

watchdog56

You can always reheat in crock pot and add a little apple juice or leftover juice from butt. It will stay moist then. However I feel there is  abetter flavor coming right out the the FTC step.

cherrybergher

Hi Rnmac, I wouldn't be concerned about it drying out as if you've allowed the meat to rest properly, and it sounds as if you have there shouldn't be any problems.  In my opinion it all comes down to your preference and the kitchen facilities you have available at this gathering.

If it was me I would pull in advance, and then reheat as watchdog suggests with the crockpot.  It'll be dandy and should get rave reviews, if you need any other pointers feel free and let us know.

Good luck
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"