Crusty Bread

Started by Gafala, August 16, 2016, 12:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

Start the day off with some crusty bread.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

mustangmoe

Nice
But details on a recipe would be nicer  ;D

Gafala

This is a copy from a post a few years ago.

Crusty Bread

3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon yeast(Rapid Rise works for me)
1 1/2 cups water

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast. Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 - 18 hours. Overnight works great. DO NOT REFRIGERATE! Heat oven to 450 degrees. When the oven has reached 450 degrees place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Very sticky, flour hands. Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating. Remove hot pot from the oven and drop in the dough. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.

Added notes:
I was in a hurry so didn't shape...just plopped in. I added 1 diced jalapeno and about a cup of med cheddar shredded. I always shred my own cheese so I don't know how pre shred works. You can really add what you want. One of our favorites is pecans and dried cherries. Do not over do the added cheese...no more than 1 1/4 cup per batch. This recipe can be doubled. I hope I answered everything you might ask.

Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

cathouse willy

It was cool enough today to run the kitchen oven and try out the new cloche.This is easily the best bread I've ever made, the crust is excellent. The loaf stuck to the sides in spite of the shiny glaze so it was a task to get it free.How do other bakers handle this? Even so the cloche is a keeper.

Gafala

Even with the glaze I add a little olive oil and I mean sparingly then some corn meal works for me.

Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

Gafala

Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"