What is your go to smoker recipe to impress?

Started by FryingPan803, August 29, 2016, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FryingPan803

We will be having family in from Spain for the holidays and I am thinking of smoking something or things for dinner. They are very much foodies and good cooks so I would like to do something that is note worthy. My go to favorite is brisket but honestly I have not done a ton of different things. Mainly whole chickens, butts, corn wrapped in bacon, and stuffed chicken thighs. All of which have turned out good but the brisket is my favorite to date.

So I am interested in knowing your go to recipe or recommendations. I am planning on smoking different recipes leading up to the holidays as prep to find that perfect one.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Ka Honu

Nothing is better than brisket but if you want to have some other smoked/grilled goodies you might...

• smoke some cheese ahead of the visit
      • make some pig shots, 'shroom bombs, and/or ABT's
      • try a breakfast fatty
      • have them join in in making paella on the grill
      • whack out some grilled pizza

The list is endless but these will help get you started.

Habanero Smoker

Hi FryingPan803;

Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned there are a many choices. Introduce them to other American barbecue dishes, which is beginning to grow in Great Britain and Europe.. Do an internet search for competition ribs, if you can get Blues Hog Original sauce, you won't regret using it. Pulled pork is a favorite. Cornell Chicken is a grilling recipe, but you can start it in the smoker for 1 - 1.5 hours then move to the grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"