Error Code E

Started by aastrassle, September 03, 2016, 09:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aastrassle

Bought a new Bradley Smoker. I've used it twice and both times whenever it would advance the bisquette (usually advancing multiple) the machine would start a continuous beep and show an error code E.  I'm would have to constantly turn the smoker unit off and back on to quiet the beeping.  This is hugely frustrating for a brand new smoker to not even work.  I've read some forum posts and have looked inside the generator and I cannot find anything loose or anything hanging.  What can I do to get this fixed?

J-Lo

I'm experiencing the same right now on my 4 rack digital.  >:(

Habanero Smoker

An E code indicates a problem between the motor and micro switch, or there is some sort of obstruction either preventing the motor arm from moving freely or the bisquettes are not feeding properly.

If it is between the motor and micro switch, check the wiring to the micro switch (a small grey rectangular box). Even if connected, unplug it and reconnect it. The problem could also be the motor arm is not fully depressing the micro switch and may need to be adjusted. A third problem could be the micro switch is bad and needs to be replace.

It seems that you E error is corrected by turning off the generator and turning it back on, so I don't think the problem is between the motor and micro switch, so I would look for some type of obstruction. Observe the movement of the motor arm and see if something is interfering with the movement. Also observe the movement of the bisquettes. Make sure you chute is correctly inserted, and they drop and feed easily. Observe the bisquettes movement and see if they move freely down the guide rail to the burner.

Give Bradley a call on Tuesday, and let them know what you have observed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: aastrassle on September 03, 2016, 09:02:14 PM
Bought a new Bradley Smoker. I've used it twice and both times whenever it would advance the bisquette (usually advancing multiple) the machine would start a continuous beep and show an error code E.

The following two links may help. 

My smoker displays an E1 error on the screen. What should I do? (message #4)

What is an "E" message? (message #40)